Monday, September 24, 2012

Sept. 24 Dear Serentiy

If only your name could accurately describe what I feel every time my thoughts drift to you.  You have consumed my life for so long the mere whisper of a thought of you cause such a fierce rage that I long to be through with you forever.  I was so certain of your reciprocation of my love that I threw myself upon your mercy like a begging dog only for you to cast me away as if I meant nothing to you.  You proclaimed your love for me so purely for so many years I had no reason to consider the thought of the possibility of your rejection.  Now I know what a fool I have been.  I succumbed to your beguiles, breathing them in as if they were the very life blood flowing through my veins.  My every thought of the future was never my own, but ours, living united, together as one, for all eternity. There has rarely been a night since I first laid eyes upon you those many years ago that you have not held a prominent place in my dreams.  My eyes could never behold another lady's without the vision of your face blinding me to all others.

I feel as if you have bewitched me, as if you have stolen my soul and have left me empty and cold.  I came to London in the desperate search to find another that could make me forget about you.  No matter how beautiful and charming the women are, no matter how desirous their touch feels, they are nothing comparable to you. I fear I am a ruined man.  No amount of drink can drown you away.  Nothing I do can elicit the feelings inside of me the way just the memory of you still does.  I hate you and yet, I love.  I want you like a man dying of thirst wants water.  I do not trust myself anymore.  I am no longer in control of my being, I don't know if I ever was.

What have you done to me?  Will I ever be whole again?  I fear what I will do if I were to return home.  Life has lost all reason and if I were to see you again, I may just lose myself entirely and I cannot bear the thought of harming you.  Why does my love for you still grow while when you obviously have no feelings for me.  If I could only know why you rejected me perhaps it would give me some form relief from the wild imaginings of my mind that nearly drive me mad every night.

I may never know the answers to my questions.  Until I can once again gain control myself, I will remain as far away from you as I possibly can.

No comments:

Post a Comment