Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Oct 9 Dearest Matthew

I just arrived in London with my heart full of joy.  All I could think of was seeing your face again.  Nothing seemed to move fast enough.  I wanted to run to Aunt Roses instead of sitting in the car waiting for traffic to relinquish it's intolerable crawl.  I nearly burst through her front door all too eager to get the greeting over with so I could begin my search for you, only to have my hopes and dreams bashed in the form of a simple letter from you.

Oh my love, why have you run from me?  I do not care what was written in that letter.  If it was written by your hand then I know that you are feeling the anguish that I feel.  If only I had known where to send my letters to then you would have known how much I regret my rejection.  I regretted it the moment the words slipped past my tongue.  Oh if only I could go back in time and rush to your arms and tell you a million times yes for it is what I desperately want to do now.

My only solace is that I now know you have returned home and I can now send you my letters.  I cannot leave London now.  I have only just arrived and to leave would insult my poor aunt and my father would be furious.  So I will remain here and pray that you will return to London and rescue me from this agony.  I love you.  I need you like the rose needs the sun. Without you I feel like a flower wilting in the cold darkness.  Come back to me love.

Forever yours,
Serenity

No comments:

Post a Comment