Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Oct. 16 Dear Serenity

I'm sorry my dear but I believe it is you that must remove the veil of perception from your eyes. Your father has always been right about me. You see, I have played the role of two men for too long. Unfortunately, the man you thought you knew was nothing more than a fantasy and it is time we both must face reality. I will not make apologies for who I am. Though in your father's perception I may be nothing more than a lowly merchant that haggles my way through life, it is what I was born to be. I do not possess the skills, knowledge, nor the will to take over for your father and carry on your family legacy. My dream for us never included your family in any sort and for that I have been extremely selfish. Rather it has always been to sweep you away to some far away land where we begin our life together anew. I fooled myself into believing it was what you wanted as well. But it isn't possible for you nor for me. We cannot run away from who we are. We are two people, set upon different paths, never meant to be united. Our paths nevertheless crossed and you stole my sight from me and transported me into a land filled with fantasy in which I will never forget. But life is calling us back and it is time to move on.

Forget about me. Go and live life to the fullest and enjoy your youth while you have it. It only lasts for so long before the burdens of life begin to wear down on you. It will not be long you too will find yourself in the same position as your father and having to make these very same decisions for your child. Your father loves you and is only doing what is best for you. Do not hold that against him. He is a wise man that I respect and even more so because he loves you enough to see you happy. In that regard, I feel the same. Now please, allow this to be our last correspondence. I do not want to cause you any more pain.

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment